And now for my gingerbread finale: a tofu cheesecake in a gluten-free (processed) sugar-free gingerbread crust. The last time I was in New York, I ate an amazing tofu cheesecake at Masaharu Morimoto’s restaurant and have been trying to replicate the brilliance that I tasted ever since. The first recipe I made for my gingerbread project was gluten free gingerbread men, and I thought this would make a great crust for a cheesecake. So for the final recipe of my gingerbread project, I combined the two to make a holiday dessert that’s a little easier on the waistline, but just as creamy as a regular cheesecake. I actually prefer the tofu cheesecake because it’s not as heavy. I made the whole gingerbread cookie recipe and froze the other half; once the gingerbread is made the recipe is really fast and easy.
Gingerbread Project 2010: Gluten-Free Gingerbread Tofu Cheesecake
Don't forget to allow time to make the gingerbread!
For the filling:
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained
- ¾ cup honey or agave (note: the honey flavour increases when baked)
- 8 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
For the crust
- ½ of the gluten free gingerbread men recipe
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon Stevia syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8” springfoam pan or a cake pan lined with a crumpled sheet of aluminum foil.
- Finely grind up the gingerbread cookie in a food processor, or in a large bowl with a masher or in a ziplock bag and smash with a meat tenderizer.
- Mix gingerbread crumbs and almond meal. Melt butter and add to mixture. Add the Stevia and mix well to combine. With your hands, press gingerbread mixture into the springfoam pan a little bit at a time, pressing firmly and evenly around all sides to form a crust. Bake in oven for 10 minutes and cool on wire rack (or in the freezer, if you’re in a rush).
- Blend the cheesecake ingredients one at a time. After each ingredient, blend until just combined. Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared gingerbread crust. Bake for 1 hour. Chill thoroughly before serving.
Copyright 2017 by PT Potts. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Tofu Cheesecake
If You Liked This Post...