I looovvve sweet potato fries – I mean, it’s no poutine…but on a detox they are a real treat! Unfortunately, you’ll have to make them at home, because I doubt you’ll ever find a place that doesn’t deep fry their fries, but at least you get to have these delicious baked sweet potato fries with tofu artichoke mayo!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Tofu Artichoke Mayo Dip
- 2 large sweet potato - peeled sliced and julienned
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- handful of fresh parsely finely chopped
For the tofu artichoke mayo:
- 1 cups soft tofu drained
- 4 pieces quarters of marinated artichoke
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Slice the potatoes into 1cm slices then slice them again to look like thick fries, or use a mandolin to julienne them.
Spread the fries out evenly on the baking sheets.
Sprinkle the olive oil, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper evenly over the sweet potato, and toss to coat.
Bake for 10 minutes. Gently toss the fries and rotate the baking sheets.
Bake 10-15 minutes more until they are lightly browned and a little wrinkly
In the meantime, make the tofu artichoke mayo. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 10-20 seconds or until there are no more large chunks of artichokes.
Remove sweet potato fries from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley and a bit more salt to taste (I really like salty fries!).
Dip fries into the tofu artichoke mayo and enjoy!